New Job Role: Special Sales Manager, Michael O’Mara Books
Posted on: 17/04/2018 with tags Jobs
Special Sales Manager – Michael O’Mara Books
Salary – on application
Permanent, based in London
Michael O’Mara Books is a leading independent publishing house well-known for our innovative and diverse non-fiction list, comprising best-selling humour, biography and autobiography. Under our children’s imprint, Buster Books, we also publish a number of commercial children’s books and in 2015, we launched our new art-inspired imprint, LOM Art.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join the UK sales team as Special Sales Manager. In this role you will be responsible for managing the non-trade accounts and be our main point of contact for new special sales customers.
The successful candidate will be required to:
- Manage a range of UK trade and non-trade accounts, including wholesalers, mail order, special sales and specialist accounts
- Regular presentations to customers as well communicating new publications and changes to our schedule, submitting titles on a regular basis and processing orders
- Seek and develop new business opportunities
- Work with editorial and production on creating bespoke editions for special sales customers
- React quickly to key market trends
- Produce sales and marketing materials such as sell sheets, order forms and ads for wholesalers
- Attend relevant trade shows
- Champion special sales within the company and act as the key point of contact for all special sales customers
The ideal candidate will have at least two years UK sales experience, strong negotiation skills, be an excellent communicator and highly motivated. Strong organizational skills are a must as is the ability to work independently and as part of a team.
To apply, please email your CV and covering letter, including current salary to: Alex.Stewart@mombooks.com
Closing Date: 3rd May 2018
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Michael O’Mara is an equal opportunities employer and employs people on the basis of their abilities.