New Job Role: Publicity and Marketing Officer, Michael O’Mara Books
Posted on: 12/06/2018 with tags Jobs
Michael O’Mara Books – Publicity and Marketing Officer
Salary – on application
Permanent, based in London
An exciting opportunity for a highly motivated and creative candidate to join a thriving independent publisher as Publicity and Marketing Officer. A brand-new position, we are seeking an experienced publicity and marketing professional with a proven background in non-fiction campaigns to spread the word about our fantastic books and authors.
Reporting to the Head of Publicity, this is a unique chance to join a small, passionate team and really make an impact.
Michael O’Mara Books is a leading independent publishing house known for our innovative and diverse non-fiction list, comprising best-selling biography, autobiography and humour in addition to popular science, history and lifestyle. Under our children’s imprint, Buster Books, we also publish commercial children’s activity and reference titles, and in 2015 we launched our new art-inspired imprint, LOM ART.
- Create PR plans and drive publicity campaigns for lead Michael O’Mara titles
- Compile mailing lists and write press releases
- Pitch to press, broadcast and online outlets to secure publicity coverage (features, interviews, extracts) and answer journalist requests
- Create and manage publicity schedules and accompany authors to media interviews and events, maintaining a high standard of author care
- Work closely and collaboratively with authors, agents and colleagues in Sales and Editorial, and communicate effectively with in-house and external parties on campaigns and progress
- Organise events and pitch for author festival appearances
- Maintain and foster excellent relationships with media contacts
- Use social media to promote titles and authors online
- Plan and drive marketing strategies for key titles, working to specified budgets
- Create digital marketing materials and content such as newsletters, banners, and quote cards
- Integrate online marketing strategies into publicity campaigns
- Monitor marketing activities and report results and analysis to colleagues
- Maintain and update the Michael O’Mara website
- Keep abreast of online platforms and recommend social media avenues to increase visibility of our books and authors
Experience / skills required:
- At least two years publicity and / or marketing experience in non-fiction publishing
- Strong contacts across print, broadcast and online media
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to work collaboratively as part of a team as well as independently
- Meticulous organisational and excellent interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of how to integrate all aspects of publicity and marketing to create and execute effective, successful campaigns
- Experience and knowledge of digital marketing and social media
- Working knowledge of InDesign, Photoshop, WordPress (desirable)
This role is a permanent, full-time position. To apply, please email your CV and covering letter, including current salary to firstname.lastname@example.org
Salary: Available on request
Closing date: Friday 6th July 2018
Michael O’Mara Books is an equal opportunities employer and employs people on the basis of their abilities.
Please note: Due to the high volume of applications we receive we are unable to respond to everyone. If you have not heard from us within 2 weeks of the closing date then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for the position.