New job role: Senior Editor, Buster Books
Posted on: 14/03/2019 with tags Jobs
SENIOR EDITOR (Maternity Cover) – Buster Books
Full time, based in London
BUSTER BOOKS is an imprint of Michael O’Mara Books. We love to create quirky non-fiction, activity and picture books for curious and creative children. We are looking for a talented and enthusiastic Senior Editor with an excellent eye for accuracy and detail, a strong visual sense, super communication skills and oodles of imagination to join our lively team.
Minimum five years’ children’s editorial experience required.
Ensuring that a wide range of children’s non-fiction projects are taken through the publishing process – from ideas to published books, on time and to budget.
The successful candidate will be required to:
- develop new ideas to proposal stage
- issue contracts to authors/artists/designers
- commission, fact-check and edit authors’ text
- work closely with designers on layouts of interiors
- commission artists, brief and feed back to them on artwork
- arrange for final page layouts to be fact-checked and proofread then input corrections
- cross-check the books of other editors in the department
- liaise with sales and publicity and present titles at sales conferences
- inform publicity of potential publicity opportunities within Buster’s titles as they arise
- contribute new book ideas and brainstorm new titles
- research the children’s book market and keep abreast of new trends
Proficiency in InDesign required.
Closing date: 29th March 2019
To apply, please email your CV and covering letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Michael O’Mara is an equal opportunities employer and employs people on the basis of their abilities.