New Job Role: Senior Press Officer
Posted on: 11/04/2019 with tags Jobs
Michael O’Mara Books – Senior Press Officer
Salary – on application
Permanent, based in London
An exciting opportunity for a highly motivated, social media-savvy and creative candidate to join a thriving independent publisher as Senior Press Officer. We are seeking an experienced publicity professional with a proven background in non-fiction campaigns to spread the word about our fantastic books and authors.
Reporting to the Head of Publicity, this is a unique chance to join a small, passionate team and really make an impact.
Michael O’Mara Books is a leading independent publishing house known for our innovative and diverse non-fiction list, comprising best-selling biography, autobiography and humour in addition to popular science, history and lifestyle. Under our children’s imprint, Buster Books, we also publish commercial children’s activity and reference titles, and in 2015 we launched our new art-inspired imprint, LOM ART.
- Create PR plans and drive publicity campaigns for lead Michael O’Mara titles, working to specified budgets
- Compile mailing lists and write press releases
- Pitch to press, broadcast and online outlets to secure publicity coverage (features, interviews, extracts) and answer journalist requests
- Create and manage publicity schedules and accompany authors to media interviews and events, maintaining a high standard of author care
- Manage Michael O’Mara Books social channels across Twitter, Instagram and YouTube through liaising with the team and creating and scheduling posts
- Work closely and collaboratively with authors, agents and colleagues in Sales and Editorial, and communicate effectively with in-house and external parties on campaigns and progress
- Organise events and pitch for author festival appearances
- Maintain and foster excellent relationships with media contacts
Experience / skills required:
- Currently at Press Officer level, with at least 2 years publicity experience in non-fiction publishing
- Strong contacts across print, broadcast and online media
- Solid experience using social media channels, integrating different mediums to create and execute effective, successful campaigns
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to work collaboratively as part of a team as well as independently
- Meticulous organisational and excellent interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of how to integrate publicity and marketing
- Working knowledge of InDesign, Photoshop, WordPress (desirable)
This role is a permanent, full-time position. To apply, please email your CV and covering letter, including current salary to firstname.lastname@example.org
Salary: Available on request
Closing date: Friday 26th April 2019
Michael O’Mara Books is an equal opportunities employer and employs people on the basis of their abilities.
Please note: Due to the high volume of applications we receive we are unable to respond to everyone. If you have not heard from us within 2 weeks of the closing date then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for the position.