New job role(s): Editor, Buster Books
Posted on: 09/05/2019 with tags Jobs
EDITOR x2 – Buster Books
Salary – £Competitive
One permanent, full-time role
One on maternity contract, minimum 9 months
both based in London
BUSTER BOOKS is an imprint of Michael O’Mara Books. We love to create quirky non-fiction and picture books for curious and creative children. We are looking for two talented and enthusiastic editors, one permanent and one on maternity contract, with an excellent eye for accuracy and detail, excellent communication skills and oodles of creativity to join our lively team.
Four years’ children’s editorial experience required.
Ensuring that a range of children’s non-fiction projects are taken through the publishing process – from ideas to published books, on time and to budget.
- Contributing new book ideas
- Developing new ideas to proposal stage
- Edit and project manage a range of Buster titles. Working more independently than junior colleagues
- Issuing contracts to authors/artists/designers
- Commissioning, fact checking and editing authors’ text
- Working with designers on layouts of interiors
- Commissioning artists, briefing and feeding back to them
- Arranging for final page layouts to be fact checked and proofread then inputting corrections
- Cross-checking the books of other editors in the department
- Liaising with sales and publicity and presenting titles at sales conferences
- Informing publicity of potential publicity opportunities within Buster’s titles as they arise
- Researching the children’s book market, keeping abreast of new trends
- A working knowledge of InDesign
To apply, please email your CV and covering letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Michael O’Mara is an equal opportunities employer and employs people on the basis of their abilities.