New Job Role: Sales Operations Executive, Michael O’Mara Books
Posted on: 20/05/2019 with tags Jobs
SALES OPERATIONS EXECUTIVE – Michael O’Mara Books
Salary – Available on request
Full time, based in London
Are you a whizz at Excel? Do you love logistics? We are looking for an enthusiastic and organised sales professional to join our fast-paced, friendly and dynamic sales team. With at least one year’s experience in a sales environment, the successful candidate will have full responsibility for all stock management needs.
This is an essential role, not only within the sales team, but for the company as a whole and will require someone with excellent attention to detail and proven organisational skills. Working across departments, you will be a self-starter who has the ability to work independently and as part of a team.
Michael O’Mara Books is a leading independent publishing house known for our innovative and diverse non-fiction list, comprising best-selling biography, autobiography and humour in addition to popular science, history and lifestyle. Under our children’s imprint, Buster Books, we also publish commercial children’ activity and reference titles, and in 2015 we launched our new art-inspired imprint, LOM Art.
- Monitoring stock levels ensuring availability of front and backlist titles
- Managing reprints in the most cost-effective and timely way in response to rate of sale
- Collating title sales breakdowns to present to management in the weekly reprints meeting
- Liaising with the sales and production departments to facilitate run-ons and special printings
- Keeping track of stock in the warehouse including reserves, frozen returns, special editions and signed stock
- Monitoring slow-moving stock, collating overstock and remainder lists and facilitating a quarterly overstocks meeting
- Selling overstocks and remainders at the best prices to relevant customers
- Providing sales support to the UK & Export Sales Director in managing relationships with our sales distribution partners in Australia, India and South Africa
Experience / Skills required
- At least one year’s sales experience as a Sales Assistant
- A good working knowledge of the UK market, ideally with an understanding of the remainder channel although not essential
- Meticulous organisational skills
- The ability to work across departments and build good working relationships
- An understanding of the book production process would be desirable
- A good working knowledge of Excel
Closing date: Friday 7th June 2019
The role is permanent and full-time and will report directly into the Senior UK Sales Manager. To apply, please send your CV and covering letter, including current salary to firstname.lastname@example.org
Michael O’Mara is an equal opportunities employer and employs people on the basis of their abilities.