New job role: Publicity and Digital Marketing Assistant
Posted on: 08/12/2021 with tags
Publicity and Digital Marketing Assistant – Michael O’Mara Books
Salary: 23k-25k per annum, dependant on experience
Permanent, based in London
Michael O’Mara Books is an award-winning, independent publishing house known for our innovative and diverse non-fiction list, comprising bestselling biography, autobiography and lifestyle in addition to popular science and history. The company was established in 1985 and now, with a backlist of over a thousand titles, it is still a family firm, producing bestsellers and one hundred and fifty new books a year. Michael O’Mara’s award-winning children’s imprint, Buster Books, publishes commercial children’s activity and reference titles, alongside picture books, and in 2015 art-inspired imprint, LOM ART was launched. For more information, visit: www.mombooks.com
We’re looking for a highly organised, creative and enthusiastic Publicity and Digital Marketing Assistant to join us in our busy Publicity and Sales Department. Joining a Publicity team of three, you’ll need to be a team player and able to use your initiative, working across multiple projects at any one time. Ideally, you would have some experience in publicity and digital marketing, and be able to create marketing materials and digital content including trailers for our books and authors using InDesign, Photoshop, Premiere Pro, Adobe Acrobat Pro and After Effects.
Key duties include:
- Assisting the department in its day-to-day running – this includes writing and designing press releases, managing our press cuttings and search criteria for media monitoring, updating press lists, generating our weekly publicity roundup for staff and key customers, updating our website and biblio, and assisting the Head of Publicity and Publicity Manager with key PR campaigns including updating author schedules and responding to general enquiries.
- Maintaining our weekly social media calendar and creating content for our social channels across Twitter, Instagram and Facebook. Plan and schedule posts, and respond to any queries through all social accounts, in addition to producing a monthly social media report via Sprout, showing top posts, key learnings, etc.
- Creating digital assets (including quote cards, trailers, gifs, images) for our titles across our three imprints. This requires working to a brief while also using initiative to create eye-catching, shareable content for use online, and to share with key customers and publishers at book fairs. Knowledge of the above programmes (InDesign, etc) is highly desirable.
- Working on your own publicity campaigns – around 2-3 titles per month with help and guidance from the team. This includes writing publicity plans, press releases and pitching to journalists while maintaining a high level of author care.
- Attending events where applicable including launches, book festivals and bookshop events, assisting in their smooth running, often accompanying authors
To apply, please send a CV and cover letter detailing your experience and aptitude for the role to Saskia.firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: Wednesday 22nd December.
Michael O’Mara is an equal opportunities employer and employs people on the basis of their abilities.