New Job Role: Senior Sales Operations Executive
Posted on: 03/03/2023 with tags Jobs
Michael O’Mara Books is an award-winning, independent publishing house based in Clapham, known for its innovative and diverse non-fiction list, comprised of bestselling biography, autobiography and lifestyle in addition to popular science and history books. The company was set up thirty-five years ago and now, with a backlist of over a thousand titles, it is still a family firm, producing bestsellers and over 150 new books a year.
Michael O’Mara’s children’s imprint, Buster Books, publishes commercial children’s puzzle, activity, reference and picture books, and in 2015 it launched an art-inspired imprint, LOM ART.
Senior Sales Operations Executive
We are recruiting for a full-time Senior Sales Operations Executive with previous experience of working in a fast-paced business with high volume units. You will have responsibility for operations and inventory management in the UK Sales Department.
This is a full-time, permanent position, with three days per week (Tuesday–Thursday) office based.
Key responsibilities will be:
- Monitoring title availability and scheduling timely reprints
- Liaising with the Sales and Production Departments on stock levels, reprint dates, new title arrivals, publication dates and assigning titles to ASR or POD
- Maintaining a good relationship with our distribution partner and communicating regarding stock movements
- Overseeing the reduction of excess stock, managing remainder accounts
- Producing monthly stock charging reports and various other weekly inventory reports
Who we are looking for
You are likely to:
- Be highly organised with a keen eye for detail
- Have experience of managing inventory and analysing sales data
- Be computer and systems literate with an intermediate understanding of Excel. (Knowledge of publishing systems such as Biblio is desirable.)
- Be able to multitask, problem solve and prioritise under pressure
- Be commercially aware
- 20 days holiday a year rising by a day a year to 25 days pro rata plus 4 days Christmas company holiday
- One volunteer day per annum
- After 5 years here, you will be rewarded with an extra month’s salary
- Season ticket loan
- Cycle to work scheme
- Hybrid working pattern (Tuesday to Thursday in office)
Salary negotiable, depending on experience
Please apply with a CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, detailing how you meet the requirements outlined above.
Michael O’Mara is an equal-opportunities employer based in Clapham, 5 minutes walk from Clapham North tube.
This role is a permanent position.
Applicants must have the right to work in the UK.
Deadline: 31st March 2023