A Classical Education
The Stuff You Wish You'd Been Taught At School
Publication Date: 04/04/2013
Categories: Science - History - Philosophy
About the Book
How many times have you wished that your history stretched all the way back to Greek and Roman myths and legends? Or that you'd been taught Latin at school? Or perhaps you wish you knew all about the great inventions and medical developments that have made our world what it is today? A Classical Education provides all of these classical facts that modern schooling leaves out and many more. Perfect for parents who wish to teach their children and for those who would like to learn or relearn the facts themselves, A Classical Education is informative and educational, but above all accessible. It includes: Latin and Greek; Logic and philosophy; Natural sciences; Art and architecture; Poetry and drama; History and Classical literature.
Also including suggestions for further reading and entertaining tit-bits of information on the classics, A Classical Education is a must for anyone feeling let down by modern schooling.
- 'See if you can tell your Tantalus from your Tacitus!', The Daily Telegraph
- 'This book aims to fill you in on the stuff you wish you'd been taught at school', The Times
- 'An invaluable overview of the principles and discoveries of the Ancients, providing all those classical facts that modern schooling leaves out... and many more', Lancashire Evening Post
- 'A cutely old-fashioned volume covered in Roman centurions' helmets', Yorkshire Post
- 'This book will jog the memory just enough, reviving tales of heroic deeds and ungodly behaviour, without getting bogged down in dull technicalities', The Field
- 'If you wished you'd paid more attention at school, then this is the book for you. Fascinating!', The Good Book Guide