Everyday English for Grown-ups
Getting to grips with the basics
Publication Date: 26/03/2015
Categories: Maths & English
About the Book
Taking you back to the basics, this book will help native and non-native speakers master the nuts and bolts of the English language.
A poor command of English is a considerable obstacle in almost every walk of life, from conducting business to dealing with everyday problems. This book takes you back to the basics, to the simple rules and tricks that will help anyone to master the language.
* Containing hundreds of simple examples, this book is essential for anyone who wants to brush up on the basics
* Designed to help native and non-native speakers alike to speak and write correct and unambiguous English in any situation – business or personal.
* Offers advice on different areas, including the writing of letters, reports and other texts, where often it is vital to convey meaning and purpose simply and clearly.
* Includes sections on sentences, parts of speech, punctuation and common pitfalls to avoid.
Containing hundreds of simple examples, this book is essential for anyone who wants to brush up on the basics.
- 'An excellent book, which I found easy to read – can be used to dip in and out or read through by anyone with an interest in the English language', Parents in Touch
- 'A clear and concise overview of the building blocks of writing good English', The Bookseller
- 'A perfect way to brush up on all your skills, packed with information but easily assimilated', Hot Brands Cool Places