Green and Pleasant Land
Extent: 192 pages
Publication Date: 11/09/2014
About the Book
Our rolling fields and verdant countryside have ever inspired some of the finest verse by our most cherished poets, and the very best are brought together in this thoughtful and enjoyable anthology.
Green and Pleasant Land features such best-loved poets as Keats, Larkin, Shakespeare, Hopkins and Wordsworth, who effortlessly conjure relaxing and nostalgic images of a better time and place.
Be transported to a more lush and vibrant world with this celebration of all the beauty of our language and land. The perfect addition to any poetry lover's collection.
- 'A delight to read, whatever the season... reminds the reader of everything brightest and best in the British countryside', The Field
- 'A delightful anthology which will appeal to all who love our "green and pleasant land"', This England
- 'Favourites from the great pastoral poets born up until the early 20th century, with an opening selection of classics inspired by the English landscape', Country Life
- 'A poetic journey through the British countryside', NFU Countryside magazine
- 'Catapults one into the countryside chronicling the glories of every season in verse', Good Book Guide