My Grammar and I (Or Should That Be 'Me'?)
Old-School Ways to Sharpen Your English
Caroline Taggart, J. A. Wines
Publication Date: 01/09/2011
Categories: Maths & English
About the Book
'Will do for grammar what Eats Shoots and Leaves did for punctuation' – The Times
A runaway hit and Sunday Times bestseller in 2008, My Grammar and I has continued to grow in popularity, becoming the go-to guide for grammar.
Repackaged with a fresh jacket design, this much-loved gift title is now available in paperback, for new readers and fans of the series alike.
My Grammar and I offers amusing examples of awful grammar, while steering you in the direction of grammatical greatness. Taking you on a tour of the English language through the minefield of rules and conditions that can catch you out, from dangling modifiers to split infinitives, it highlights the common pitfalls that every English language user faces on a day to day basis.
Refreshing everything you should have learnt at school and more, My Grammar and I is informative yet entertaining: a must-have reference guide for any English language enthusiast.
By the same author:
9781782432944 500 Words You Should Know
9781782438205 The Accidental Apostrophe
- 'will do for grammar what Eats Shoots and Leaves did for punctuation', The Times
- 'Beautifully produced... a lot of fun', Tribune
- 'If you belong to the generation who missed out on being taught grammar at school then out this book on top of your Christmas wish list. If you were taught, then put it on your wish list. Everyone should have this book, in fact... a great stocking filler for total grammar novices and experts alike', The Northern Echo
- 'Sensible and concise... shows you how to make our wonderful, fluid language work for you rather than against you', The Good Book Guide
- 'This book would be the perfect Christmas gift for anyone who is genuinely interested in why we write the way in which we do, or who likes doing what's right and proper', The Basingstoke Gazette
- 'A useful book for anyone with an interest in the English language and an excellent stocking filler', The Wolverhampton Chronicle
- 'A useable refresher... pedants will also find answers to those evergreen contentious teasers', The Bournemouth Daily Echo
- 'It's a little gem that takes you on a tour of the English language', Knutsford Guardian