Terms & Conditions
These terms and conditions are the competition rules (“Rules”) that apply to all competitions (“Competitions”) organised by or on behalf of Michael O’Mara Books (in each case, the “Promoter”).
By entering a Competition, entrants agree to be bound by these Rules.
The Promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend any Competition or these Rules without prior notice. Any changes will be posted either within these Rules or on the relevant Promoter’s website. The Promoter may at any time, without notice, issue further terms and conditions to be read in conjunction with these Rules.
Participation in the Competition
Each entrant must be over 18 years of age and have a UK postal address to enter this Competition.
Officers, employees and agents of the Promoter and any party associated or directly connected to or with the specific Competition (including sponsors) and their families, officers, employees and agents (as applicable).
Only one entry per person per Competition is permitted, unless otherwise stated.
Where a Competition has a closing date and/or time, all entries must be received before such date and/or time. Late entries will not be taken into consideration in the selection of a winner.
The Promoter reserves the right at any time to cancel, modify or supersede the Competition (including altering prizes) if, in its sole discretion, the Competition is not capable of being conducted as specified. In the event of a printing or other error resulting in there being more winners or runner ups than prizes for the Competition, the Promoter reserves the right to (a) declare as void any claims or entries resulting from such printing or other error; and/or (b) allocate the available prize(s) through a further draw or to divide the prize(s) or the value of the prize(s) between the winners (and runners up) of the Competition.
By entering a Competition, you hereby warrant that all information submitted by you is true, current and complete. Entries to the Competition must be the original work of the author. Entries which are or in the Promoter’s reasonable opinion appear to be plagiarised or done by or with the assistance of a third party will be disqualified. Entrants represent and warrant that:
- they have obtained all rights, licences, and permissions necessary, in writing, from any person who may have helped create and/or be featured in their entry
- that their entry to the Competition (including any text, recordings, videos and photographs):
- does not contain or feature any personal or private information about any person (including their name, contact details, a photograph of them and/or any other identifying information) without that person’s consent (proof of which must be provided to the Promoter upon request);
- does not contain any content that is defamatory, libellous, racist, homophobic, derogatory, pornographic, obscene, sexist, illegal, and/or otherwise inappropriate;
- does not include trade marks, logos, or copyright protected material which belongs to third parties without permission (including company names, music, photographs, motion picture or television programme clips or audio tracks, works of art, or images published on or in websites, television, movies, or other media);
- is not subject to any third party agreements and the Promoter will not be required to pay any sums to any third party as a result of the Promoter’s use (as set out in these Terms and Conditions) or the exploitation by the Promoter of the idea, video or other rights contained in any entry; and
- does not contain any known virus, trojan horse, worm, trapdoor or similar software that may in any way infect or affect any of the Promoter’s hardware or software systems.
The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any entrant if it has reasonable grounds to believe the entrant has breached any of these Rules or any other terms and conditions that apply to any Competition. Furthermore, entrants who are rude or abusive to, harass or threaten the Promoter and/or other entrants, tamper with, deceive, cheat or hack the Competition, collude with others in entering the Competition or are deemed otherwise unsuitable by the Promoter, will be excluded from the relevant Competition.
The Promoter shall not be responsible for any damage, loss, injury or disappointment suffered by any entrant entering, or being unable to enter, any Competition or as a result of accepting any Competition prize.
Winners and Prizes
Competition winners will be chosen at random unless otherwise specified.
Where winners are selected based on objective criteria, the judge’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
The Promoter will endeavour to notify and deliver prizes to winners of each Competition within 30 days of the closing date set for such Competition. Return of any prize notification as undeliverable or failure to reply within 30 days or as specified in the notification may result in disqualification and the selection of an alternate winner.
In the case of Competition prizes in the form of free tickets for a particular event, the Promoter will contact the prize winner by phone and prize details shall be as printed on the event tickets. Ticket holders shall be bound by (a) these Rules, (b) any Specific Rules that apply, (c) any terms and conditions set out on the event tickets and (d) the rules and regulations of the particular venue (as applicable).
All Competition prizes are subject to availability.
All taxes, insurances, transfers, spending money and other expenses, unless specifically stated, are the sole responsibility of the prize-winner.
No Competition prize may be transferred or assigned to any other person and no cash alternative or alternative prize is available. In the event of the advertised Competition prize being unavailable for whatever reason, the Promoter reserves the right to offer an alternative prize.
Competition prizes are awarded at the Promoter’s sole discretion and no prizes will be awarded as a result of improper actions by or on behalf of any entrant. The Promoter reserves the right to require entrants to prove that they are eligible. If a winner is found to be ineligible, the Promoter reserves the right to award their prize to another entrant and to require the return of any prize already awarded.
No responsibility will be accepted for inaccurate Competition prize details supplied by a third party promoter. The provision of the prize does not imply endorsement by the Promoter of any third party supplier of prize or any other third parties concerned in any way with the Competition. Any complaints or queries relating to the use of the prize should be directed to the third party supplier of the prize, where applicable.
Entrants agree to keep confidential any information of whatsoever nature regarding Michael O’Mara Books and their respective businesses, personnel, agents, sponsors and event promoters received by entrants as a result of winning or participating in any Competition.
Each Competition (including these Rules, any Specific Rules and all matters incidental thereto) shall be governed by English law and all parties shall submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
Any enquiries regarding these Rules should be directed to: Michael O’Mara Books, 16 Lion Yard, Tremadoc Road, London, SW4 7NQ.