The O Level Book
Genuine Exam Questions From Yesteryear
Foreword by Dr Martin Stephen
Publication Date: 27/10/2016
About the Book
Dust off your slide rules and get your thinking caps on with this wonderfully nostalgic yet challenging collection of authentic O Level exam papers from the 1950s.
The O Level Book is the perfect book to settle that age-old argument between the generations: were the exams of yesteryear really harder than anything children have to face today in the age of calculators and spell checkers?
Testing you on a range of old-school topics, such as English Language, General Science, Geography, History, Household Cookery and Mathematics, with hundreds of authentic exam questions and answers, this anthology is the perfect way to test yourself and refresh your knowledge.
Great for those who enjoy a bit of a challenge, this is the perfect way to find out whether the old ways really were the best.
- 'Sharpen your pencil, open your notebook and test the whole family against the standards of another age', Daily Mail
- 'Michael O'Mara could be on to another winner with these authentic exam questions from yesteryear', The Bookseller
- 'It is hard not to be nostalgic for O and A Levels', The Oldie
- 'Hours of fascinating fun', Lancashire Evening Post
- 'Families can have fun solving all manner of scientific and mathematic posers in this handy compilation quiz book', Buckinghamshire Limited Edition Magazine