Any current opportunities are listed below.
Sales Support Assistant
Michael O’Mara Books is a leading independent publishing house well known for our list of quality autobiographies and biographies, innovative humour and non-fiction as well as highly commercial and award-winning children’s books published under the Buster Books imprint.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join us as a Sales Support Assistant. In this role you will assist the UK and Export Sales team with a wide range of administrative tasks, be the first point of contact for booksellers and sales reps and manage a selection of specialist house accounts.
- Day-to-day administration for the UK and Export Sales Team
- Creating sales packs, dummies and presentations as required
- Responding to general sales enquiries both internal and external
- Liaising and updating the UK rep force on new publications and schedule changes
- Compiling sales reports from Pub App, Extent and Nielsen
- Organising event stock for author events and festivals
- Organising catalogue and advance copy mailings to UK and Export customers
- Creating and distributing a bi-monthly export email newsletter
- Minute-taking for monthly title launch meetings
- A keen eye for detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Good organisational skills with the ability to multi-task
- A positive and tenacious attitude
- Impressive administrative skills
- Strong commercial awareness and excellent numerical skills
- Knowledge of the publishing and bookselling industry
- Experience with PowerPoint and Excel preferred and familiarity with Biblio and Nielsen welcome but not essential
The ideal candidate is meticulous and adaptable with experience in a bookselling environment. Previous publishing experience is preferred.
- 20 days holiday a year rising by a day a year to 25 days pro rata plus 4 days Christmas company holiday
- One volunteer day per annum
- After 5 years here, you will be rewarded with an extra month’s salary
- Season ticket loan
- Cycle to work scheme
- Hybrid working pattern (Tuesday to Thursday in our Clapham office)
Please send a covering letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday 15th September.