How to Repair Everything
Publication Date: 14/05/2020
About the Book
With advice on tools, materials and methods and written in an easy-to-follow, step-by-step format, this is a book that makes it easier to say ‘No’ to our disposable society and make a real difference.
Not everything has built-in obsolescence – as this fantastically handy guide to fixing everyday objects proves! Whether you need to repair a strap on a favourite handbag or mend a leak in a washing machine, How to Repair Everything is packed full of tips and tricks of the trade for the person who likes to do-it-yourself. From quick fixes that will get you out of a jam to permanent solutions that make the item good as new, this is perfect for anyone who hates the throwaway society and would much rather refurb and recycle.
With advice on tools, materials and methods and written in an easy-to-follow, step-by-step format, this is a book that makes it easier to say ‘No’ to our disposable society and make a real difference. Whether it’s a sweater that’s shrunk in the wash, a broken umbrella spoke or fixing a microwave oven, you’ll be amazed just how many things can be mended with a few tools and a bit of patience.
- 'This step-by-step manual shows you how to tackle a whole range of household problems, offering both quick fixes and permanent solutions.', Sainsbury’s magazine
- '… reminds us that there’s a solution for every problem.', Glamour
- 'An idiot-proof guide to fixing all the things that inexplicably break down and blow up on you
- TV, toaster, the toilet – plus several rusty things you can fix by rubbing stoutly with a potato. Book of the year!', Sport magazine
- 'Covers a vast range of jobs and gives simple, clear instructions.', Sunday Post